By the Authors
Leora Gaster, Mia Segal, Margit Hrasdil and Chris van der Hof.
Preface for Movement Lesson Book
This carefully selected compilation of lessons is a reference guide for anyone presenting Mind Body Studies classes and the work of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais.
They have been specifically selected for reasons explained in the books, by Mia Segal and myself . These lessons have been tested and refined during our joint four decades of international teaching.
With the unique ongoing experimentation and discussions of Moshe Feldenkrais’ work in the Segal home, combined with added perspective of multiple, related disciplines: from martial arts to psychology and neuroscience, we distilled and organized this material, so that each lesson becomes a blueprint for teaching this vast body of work in depth.
Preface for Principle Book
With 50 years of teaching worldwide, in multiple cultures, testing and distilling philosophies of life and action, we bring you these simple unifying principles that make sense in all situations and make life easier.
We have applied these principles in thought and action, movement and in discussion.
These principles are so obvious, so universal, completely irrefutable, perhaps this is why nowhere have they been laid out clearly for everyone to use.
This is a concise, tried and tested collection, which you will make sense to you and you will find you will apply them again and again to connect how you move with sound philosophies of life.
For practitioners of body and mind health, these principles will guide you to construct highly polished lessons and classes with meaningful clarity.
• Included in this book are examples of specific lessons with each principle to illustrate and guide your class design and purpose. These interweave with the Movement Lesson Book and the recordings of this course.
Upon payment you will receive username and password via e-mail. These credentials can be used to login to our site and review your course in case you logout from the website.
Download the eBooks
- Lesson 1 – On a clock – 6 & 12 in lying – Audio (page 15)
- Lesson 2 – Diagonals – Video (page 20)
- Lesson 3 – Extensors – Audio (page 35)
- Lesson 4 – Flexors – Video (page 57)
- Lesson 5 – Head Up & Down in a chair – Audio (page 69)
- Lesson 6 – Lengthening the Arms – Video (page 75)
- Lesson 7 – Sitting back on the Heels – Audio (page 95)
- Lesson 8 – Twist on the Back – Audio (page 102)